Libby Dawson – Director – Libby Dawson, Director at Elder Care Home Connections, is a native of Bloomington. She has been a nurse here for over 30 years, most of that career spent caring for seniors. Her experiences in both private and facility settings drew her to Elder Care. It reinforced her belief that elders can remain in their own homes, aging in place safely with the right support services. her insight helps her identify client needs. Once a caregiver herself, and understanding these needs, she is very involved working with her staff to find the right matches for clients. Dawson is also very involved with care givers, offering additional training and support to better server clients. She is dedicated to this agency where people help people, and the reward is immeasurable. An active Commissioner for the City of Bloomington’s Commission for Aging Volunteer for Area 10 Nutrition program, Volunteer for Alzheimer’s Association and certified as a Bloomington Friendly Business, Dawson is always looking for ways to connect and help our seniors.
In her spare time Libby enjoys spending time with her husband of over 35 years and their family. An avid archer, she also enjoys boating, gardening and most thing outdoors. Her 4 grandchildren are her ongoing delight.
Lola Abbitt – Business Operations Manager – Lola Abbitt started her service career in 1998 as a CNA in a local Bloomington facility. This is where she found her calling to serve the senior population. During the course of the next 20 years, she would work her way from the nursing facility, to rehab, the hospital, and finally ending up in home care.
Her compassion for what she calls a “treasured generation” inspired her to see what more she could do for her clients. As a caregiver she saw the need for people who are honest, trustworthy, and dependable and have a heart for servitude. Now, 30 years later her passion to serve her clients continues still today. As the Director of Operations she puts this experience and values to work as she hires, retains and train caregivers.
In her spare time she enjoys being a grandma to her 9+ grandchildren, which you can often see her toting around in her car with the plates “GMA LOLA”. She is actively involved in her church where she directs the choir and teaches adult Sunday school class. She is grateful to have such a wonderful and supportive church family.
her grandmother referred to her as having an “old soul” since she had the knack to relate to the elderly as a “youngster”. her trick to being able to relate… “be an effective listener, everyone deserves to be heard and understood.”
The support staff is not only experienced with administration and management, but chosen for their compassion and understanding of the aging process. The staff includes:
- Client Care Coordinator – to safeguard quality care by visiting and checking in with our clients on a regular basis;
- Operations Manager – to ensure Caregivers are properly screened and trained, and who takes pride in supporting a Caregiver’s success in balancing work and personal responsibilities;
- Schedulers – to expertly match and assign our Caregivers and are passionate about meeting our client’s unique needs;
- Admin Assitant – to assist with client inquiries and office management while compassionately interacting with our clients.
- Caregivers – we have a large pool of diverse care providers so we can ensure the right match between client and caregiver to produce a harmonious, enjoyable relationship. Our experienced, licensed and insured caregivers assist with everything from bathing, cooking, cleaning, and transportation to providing companionship and organizing recreational activities
Elder Care Home Connections is committed to being an active member of the Older Adult Community and employs a Community Outreach Specialist to keep abreast of the resources available to our clients.